Sailing is a great way to explore the beautiful coastline in Northern Norway. Join as a crew member or just enjoy the scenery in slow motion. If you choose the correct season you may be able to experience both the midnight sun and Northern Lights during your sailing trip from Bodø.
Starting from our homeport in Bodø. The winds will most likely determine which route we sail. There are multiple islands in most directions and the route will be finally decided on departure day. For a group of guests we can, of course, sail where you most want to go!
Be a crewmember – or just relax during the scenic route among the many islands around Bodø. Sea eagles watch us closely as we glide through the water and maybe we visit one of the islands as well. No previous experience in sailing is required, the trips are suitable for everyone.
Sailing is an environmental friendly way to get around and allows us to come close to wildlife and nature. The relaxed pace gives ample time to see and hear what comes along.
Sports sailing is a bit different. With just a nice breeze we get to taste the kind of action high speed regatta boats deal with – on a level that can be done safely by a “normal” crew.
Learning to sail is not done in one trip – however, we will do our best to give those keen on the mysteries of exploiting the wind a basic knowledge both in theory and, of course, in practice. Just remember to let us know when you have had enough so you can sit back and enjoy!
Moderate. Nearly everyone can join. Please see details below.
Group size & Capacity
Minimum 1 persons. Maximum 4 persons. Available for groups.
Season & Availability
May - November.
Meeting pointClick for larger map
Capacity: Minimum 1 – maximum 4 people.
Duration: 4 hours.
Price: NOK 2900 per trip.
Route & Description: We start from Bodø Guest Harbour in the city center. On this voyage we will circumnavigate the nearby islands of “Store Hjartøy” and “Lille Hjartøy”. This brings us close to beautiful beaches and through narrow straits with a number of sea eagle spots.
Maybe a short stop in “Paradise Bay” – and a refreshing swim in arctic water, wouldn’t that make a nice selfie! You participate as a crew member at the level you wish.
Capacity: Minimum 1 – maximum 2 people.
Duration: 4 hours.
Price: NOK 2900 per trip.
Route & Description: Experience great sailing aboard one of Europe’s fastest growing sailing classes. The Seascape 18 was born from single handed ocean racing experience and rethought to deliver the same sensations on a tame, accessible, easy to handle sailing boat.
“Chill” takes 1 or 2 people along with the skipper for a race in the area just outside Bodø Harbour. Even a moderate wind will get the boat partly out of the water for maximum speed – which is more than half the fun.
“Chill” is fitted with all the sail and navigation equipment that you will find on a large and modern sailboat for cruising or regatta. Only everything is smaller and lighter giving a full response on every little input you make in the trim of boat and sails.
You must be able to swim to book this trip, but we will of course supply life vests and suitable clothing.
Do I need any experience to join these sailing trips?
No sailing experience is required. Nearly everyone can join our sailing trips but we recommend that children are of age 6 and up.
Swimming skills not necessary, but for Route 3 “Sports sailing – Thrill & Chill” we require that you are comfortable being into the water and preferably able to swim a bit.
What do I need to bring?
You should bring
- Personal clothing according to weather for none or moderate physical activity.
- We do have a heated cabin if You need to warm up or just relax down below.
- Warm shoes with a good grip.
- Some food and beverage is recommended.
Provided by us
- Guiding in English.
- Sailing instruction.
- Coffee and tea.
Extras (by request)
Food and beverage for groups can always be arranged as requested. Why not bring our chef on the trip to make it something extra?
Where and when do we meet?
- Meeting point is by Bodø Guest Harbour pier 2 (on the boardwalk just outside the Thon Hotel) from where the sailing trips start. Departure time is shown for each tour.
- Meeting time: We operate this tour at fixed times. Please see start times in the booking calendar.
Customized Sailing Trips
- Sail & Dine is a really cool concept for groups. Together with partners we can offer different transportation out and return to a number of spectacular places to enjoy a meal. Ranging from a short sailing trip with lunch in a bay with our own chef on board – to a weekend experience on the outmost remote island Myken. Sailing out and returning by seaplane? RIB boat one way and sailing the other? Give us the challenge…
- The Lofoten Islands are within reach on a weekend experience. Making safe harbour at Buvågen on the tip of Lofotodden is a relief after crossing close to the maelstrom of Moskstraumen. On day two we sail along “Yttersia” (“the outside”) as we name the steep and uninhabited northwest side of Moskenes and Flakstad Islands – just plain beautiful. Next port back in civilization at Ballstad before crossing Vestfjorden back to Bodø.
Group size - We prefer small groups
- Typical group size for our sailing trips will be from 1 to 4 people.
- Larger groups can join when we are able to make arrangements for an extra boat.
- Minimum participants: You are welcome to book as solo traveller!
Can I book a sailing trip on my own?
Of course You can! Come along on Your own and make new friends.
Weather cancellation policy
Strong winds may cause cancellation. The skippers word is final on this subject, but depending on the groups desire for wet sailing action we can stretch the limit according to wishes within safety.
Thunderstorms with lightning or thick fog are rare but will always cause cancellation.