Guided canoe daytrip on scenic rivers or lakes. Canoeing is an excellent way to get to know nature around Bodø. No previous experience in canoeing is required. The pace is relaxed, which makes this canoe trip suitable for families of all abilities and experience levels.
Canoeing is one of the most intimate ways to explore and enjoy the nature nearby Bodø. This is an excellent outing for family groups. You’ll have opportunities to rest, relax, explore, and spend quality time with friends and family.
Improve your skills – an experienced guide adds a whole new dimension to your canoe trip. We can help you improve your canoeing skills.
Where – the precise location for this canoe trip will be chosen by the guide due to local conditions, such as weather, wind and water level.
Minimum 4 people.
Check Currency Calculator to convert into your currency.
Easy. Nearly everyone can join. Please see details below.
A total of 4 - 6 hours, including transport from/to downtown Bodø.
Group size & Capacity
Min: 4 pers. Available for groups. Please see details below.
Season & Availability
May - October.
Meeting pointClick for larger map
Do I need any outdoor experience?
Is this trip for me? This trip is designed for beginners and intermediates. You don’t need any specific skills. Nearly everyone can join.
Grading: this trip is graded as Easy.
Minimum age: reccomended minimum age is 6 years.
What do I need to bring?
You should bring
- Personal clothing due to the weather for a short outdoor trip.
- A day pack is useful and a drink and snacks are nice to have.
- Camera of course.
We will provide
- Guiding in English.
- Gear for canoeing: canoes, paddles, lifevests.
Where and when do we meet
- The meeting point is by the Tourist Information in Bodø (Google maps).. Please see map above.
- Meeting time: We operate this tour at fixed times. Please see start times in the booking calendar.
Group size - We prefer small groups
- Typical group size for our trips range from 2 to 15. We prefer to keep the group size as small as possible for these trips, which improves the experience for the participants and guide alike.
- What is the minimum number of participants? To run this tour, a minimum of four people must book. If this minimum is not met, we reserve the right to cancel the tour. You will then have the option of being rebooked on an alternative date or receiving a full refund.
- Larger groups can easily join this trip, then we will we divide the group into smaller groups of 8 – 10 people, each of which trip are accompanied by their own guide.
Can I book if I’m on my own?
- Yes, you can! The groups on several of our trips are made up of solo travellers. You are welcome to come on your own and make new friends.
- Private tour as solo traveller? If you are the only one to book but you wish to go ahead with the tour on your original date, another option is to book a private tour. In this case, you will need to pay for the minimum number of participants required.
Where will the trip take place?
Our first Choice is Futelva river (11 km/ 15 min from Bodø).
Other locations if water level here is too low. Best time for Futelva river is April – June.
Weather cancellation policy
Normally no need to cancel due to weather. The only exception is extremely strong wind and/or heavy rain. Canoeing could be great fun even in rainy weather if you are well dressed.
If weather turns bad we will choose an alternative and sheltered location.